TLC•Go! Mobile App Releases Much-Anticipated New Features
The Library Corporation (TLC) is thrilled to announce the latest version of TLC•Go! is now available to customers. The feature-rich mobile app allows patrons to gain access to Library and Media resources using their CARL•Solution, Library•Solution, and Library•Solution for Schools integrated library systems in the public, K-12, and academic library markets. The newest version showcases exciting features including an updated user interface, reading tracker, Chromebook support, and additional language options.
Originally launched in September 2021, TLC•Go! provides Android and iOS users access to their favorite library services, including a digital library card that can support linked accounts, the ability to search the catalog, connection to curbside services, and support for 24 languages. Library staff can also enjoy the highly configurable Content Management System (CMS) allowing for changes in logos, colors, menu layouts, and more.
The new release began rollout to customers earlier this year and includes updates and additions that expand upon the original app. Amber Downs, Project Manager at TLC, shared “This newest version of the TLC•Go! app provides tons of additional features and an updated display for users. We’re excited to roll this out to both existing and new customers to help better serve our libraries.”
Some key features of the new TLC•Go! app:
- Brand new, cleaner, and more engaging user interface – TLC’s familiar book carousels are now bigger and placed front and center in the app.
- Chromebook support – The app is now available for use with Chromebooks, allowing for increased capabilities for educators and students.
- Deeper third-party eResources integrations – This includes seamless handoff with vendors such as cloudLibrary, Hoopla, and Libby, similar to current TLC PAC integrations.
- Additional consortia support – New features include reports by individual member library templates and user selection between consortia libraries.
- Reading and Wish Lists – Create and edit unlimited lists in the app.
- Right-2-Left (R2L) language support – Now featuring 30 languages, the app is able to support Arabic, Hebrew, Urdu, and other R2L languages.
- Reading Tracker – Users can track their reading activity and unlock virtual rewards.
- Grouped title displays – Receive a FRBRized display of available formats under a single search return.
- General usability improvements – Updates include accessibility enhancements, improved library site display, improved title displays, item copies by distance display, account summary alerts on the home screen, and more.
For a demo on the latest TLC•Go! features and more information on procuring your own mobile library app, please contact TLC at email@example.com.
About The Library Corporation
TLC has operated continuously under the same ownership since 1974 and employs over 200 people dedicated to delivering enterprise software and hardware solutions to public, school, academic, and special libraries worldwide. TLC’s cumulative products are deployed in more than 1,100 organizations, representing over 5,500 locations in North America and worldwide. TLC is certified by the U.S. General Services Administration, Women’s Business Enterprise National Council, and the Women-Owned Small Business Federal Contracting Program. TLC’s Headquarters is based in Inwood, W.Va., and has additional offices in Colorado, Minnesota, and Singapore.