Navigating a library automation system should not require a working knowledge of cryptic icons, confusing menus, and multiple windows scattered on the screen. Doesn’t your college or university library deserve better? TLC’s expansive list of user-requested features is carefully and purposefully presented to your staff and students in easy-to-use AND easy-to-learn interfaces.
- Academic Reserves
- Acquisitions with EDI and multiple sub fund capability
- Easy access to e-books and other digital resources
- Web-based automation with touchscreen-optimized interfaces
- Automatic Authority Control and updating
- Student Information System integration
- Configurable security – important for student workers at the circulation desk
- Single log-in powered by Active Directory™ integration
- Real-time, live inventory
- Interactive, dynamic bookshelf for your library’s titles
- LS2 Preferences, a centralized interface to manage your location and system-level settings
TLC’s Academic Reserves functionality for Library•Solution is a powerful tool for college and university libraries. Staff members at academic libraries use the LS2 Staff module to add, edit, and remove titles set aside for a particular course or set of courses, and students use the library’s LS2 PAC catalog to find and check out their designated course-related titles.
Academic Reserves includes more than a dozen user-selected criteria – Instructor, Course, Department, etc. – making your reserves filterable and discoverable. Items can be reserved for multiple courses, sections, and professors, and have multiple release dates. In-depth statistics allow libraries to gather extensive data on reserve titles. When the reserve period expires, items can be easily removed.
Whether you have a few course reserves or thousands, TLC’s Academic Reserves makes assigning, tracking, and un-assigning items simpler than ever. The feature is available at no extra charge to Library•Solution users who utilize LS2 Staff and LS2 PAC.