Associate Product Owner
If you’ve ever been to a library and checked out a book or placed a hold online, you may have used our software. The Library Corporation (TLC) has been servicing the library Industry since 1974. TLC provides premier automation, cataloging, and data services to more than 4,500 public, school, academic, and special libraries worldwide, ranging from single-site facilities to massive metropolitan systems.
The Library Corporation is looking for an Associate Product Owner who will inform and shape the Cataloging software and Data services provided by TLC to the library market. This position is part of the Product Management department and may also assist with other projects as needed.
The ideal candidate will have experience in cataloging and a strong understanding of library data. This person will utilize their skills to assist the Cataloging Product Owner in designing, developing, and delivering solutions that are intuitive and trendsetting. This position aims to incrementally transition into a Product Owner role for TLC’s HQ cataloging and data services products. The Associate Product Owner will partner with internal and external stakeholders, including the Cataloging Product Owner, current customers, and the development teams to deliver high-quality solutions and services to the TLC family of customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with the Cataloging Product Owner to identify market opportunities and track cataloging/data trends within the library market
- Write functional specifications for new features or enhancements to the existing Library•Solution cataloging workflows and ITS•MARC products
- Participate in software development projects and be readily available to clarify functional requirements
- Review developed functionality and documentation and provide regular feedback to the feature/content creators
- Maintain knowledge of RDA and other cataloging standards or best practices to ensure Library•Solution and ITS•MARC products are compliant
- Participate with the Cataloging Product Owner to test reports of software issues in order to determine next steps
- Create internal product documentation
- Participate in product meetings to maintain awareness and contribute to product strategy
- Liaison between the user community and development teams; represent the user interests in system design
- Upgrade eBiblioFile minimals and make corrections to inaccurate records
- Maintain ITS•MARC controlled vocabulary glossaries
- Review ITS•MARC contributed data and prepare customer reports
- Maintain awareness of library data standards for the creation and sharing of bibliographic and non-bibliographic metadata as well as library industry trends
- Assist other departments in the support and positioning of TLC’s HQ cataloging and data solutions
- Present on cataloging and data standards topics via webinars and conferences
- Create cataloging and data “best practices” content for TLC’s community site
- Attend applicable training and conferences
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
The Library Corporation is looking for someone who has library experience, especially in the areas of library software; library software standards; and/or software product/project management experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- An intense curiosity for library data standards and metadata management practices within the library industry
- Library experience – minimum of 2 years of working library experience or equivalent experience such as supporting users of library software
- BS/BA desired, Master of Library Science preferred
- Have experience working with library catalogers
- Have a strong technical background and software troubleshooting skills
- Have a curious mind with a passion for problem-solving
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to articulate functional and design decisions to stakeholders and development teams
- Enjoy research, data gathering, and learning through experience and collaboration
- An ability to prioritize backlogs to make the best use of development resources
- Embrace current trends in the area of library services and library technologies
- Ability to adjust tasks and activities based on a fluid market and customer needs
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service
- Ability to creatively solve problems, negotiate and handle stressful situations in a positive manner
TLC offers its employees opportunities to grow and make a real contribution. Our benefits package includes:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Account (DCA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
Salary range for this position is $40k-$65k, commensurate with experience.
This position is open to remote candidates, although preference may be given to local candidates. No ongoing business travel requirement is anticipated for this position. The Library Corporation is currently in a remote work protocol as a response to the public health emergency in the United States of America, and so applicants should be prepared to onboard and work remotely for an indeterminate period of time.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and benefits and a congenial work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity and expression, national origin, age (40 or older), sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected status. An offer of employment with TLC is conditioned upon successful completion of a background investigation.
TLC is a Federal Contractor, and has implemented a COVID-19 mandatory vaccination requirement for our workforce effective January 18th, 2022. This policy will help to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from COVID-19. Employees must be fully vaccinated by the first day of employment, or apply and receive an approved exemption based on medical or religious reasons.
Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completing primary vaccination with a COVID-19 vaccine, with, if applicable, at least the minimum recommended interval between doses. For example, this includes two weeks after a second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, or two weeks after the second dose of any combination of two doses of different COVID-19 vaccines as part of one primary vaccination series. All employees are required to report their vaccination status and to provide proof of vaccination.
If you have the personal and professional skills for this position and want to work in a rapidly growing enterprise that uses the latest technology, we invite you to send us your resume, professional references, and salary requirements.
The Library Corporation is headquartered approximately 50 miles west of Washington, DC., with an additional office in Denver, Colorado.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org