Client Services Support Technician
If you’ve ever been to a library and checked out a book or placed a hold online, you may have used our software. The Library Corporation (TLC) has been servicing the Library Industry since 1974. TLC provides premier automation, cataloging, and data services to more than 4,500 public, school, academic, and special libraries worldwide, ranging from single-site facilities to massive metropolitan systems.
Our ideal candidate will have technical expertise, a willingness to learn, superior communication skills, and the desire to solve challenging problems.
The Client Services Support Technician works to diagnose and resolve technical and product functional inquiries while providing deep expertise to customers, sales, and management for the Library•Solution library management system and peripherals.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or internal ticketing system
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Provide accurate information on TLC products or services
- Thrive as a team player in a fast-paced, high-energy, change-oriented environment
Qualifications and Skills:
- The ability to learn quickly and apply that knowledge to various situations.
- The ability to effectively troubleshoot/diagnose computer and peripheral devices.
- Working knowledge of Windows O/S, web browsers, and Windows server O/S:2008/2012/2016/2019; MAC OS client is a plus.
- Knowledge of Oracle, configuration, and basic database management skills are a plus.
- Strong customer service background
- High School Diploma or Equivalency
- Some College or technical coursework preferred
- Knowledge of library operations and library management software
- Knowledge of basic SQL configuration and queries
- Experience troubleshooting networking issues and working knowledge of TCP/IP troubleshooting utilities
- Fluency in languages other than English (particularly Spanish, French, Indigenous, or Asian languages.)
- Additional technical or library certifications or degrees
TLC offers its employees opportunities to grow and make a real contribution. Our benefits package includes:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Account (DCA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
This is an entry-level, full time position that reports to the Client Services Director and includes opportunities for education and advancement.
Salary range for this position is $30,000-$45,000, commensurate with experience.
This position is open to remote candidates, although preference may be given to local candidates. No ongoing business travel requirement is anticipated for this position. The Library Corporation is currently in a remote work protocol as a response to the public health emergency in the United States of America, and so applicants should be prepared to onboard and work remotely for an indeterminate period of time initially.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and benefits and a congenial work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity and expression, national origin, age (40 or older), sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected status. An offer of employment with TLC is conditioned upon successful completion of a background investigation.
TLC is a Federal Contractor, and has implemented a COVID-19 mandatory vaccination requirement for our workforce effective January 18th, 2022. This policy is necessary to comply with Executive Order 14042 and will help to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from COVID-19. Employees must be fully vaccinated by the first day of employment, or apply and receive an approved exemption based on medical or religious reasons.
Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completing primary vaccination with a COVID-19 vaccine, with, if applicable, at least the minimum recommended interval between doses. For example, this includes two weeks after a second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, or two weeks after the second dose of any combination of two doses of different COVID-19 vaccines as part of one primary vaccination series. All employees are required to report their vaccination status and to provide proof of vaccination.
If you have the personal and professional skills for this position and want to work in a rapidly growing enterprise that uses the latest technology, we invite you to send us your resume, professional references, and salary requirements.
The Library Corporation is located approximately 50 miles West of Washington, DC.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com