The Library Corporation is looking for a Documentation Manager to join our team based out of our corporate headquarters in Inwood, WV. The Documentation Manager works closely with TLC’s product management and development teams to ensure timely, accurate, human-friendly product documentation goes out with all of our product updates and new product launches. The Documentation team also provides valuable editorial support to other teams to help TLC communicate clearly and professionally, across all channels.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Develops, maintains, and applies documentation standards and processes across products and services.
- Manages technical writing staff on the team, including oversight, training and development, and editorial oversight, to ensure quality and continuous improvement.
- Produces a subset of the team’s overall production documentation updates.
- Provides copywriting and editorial assistance to other TLC departments and teams.
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate will possess some or all of the following skills and experience, with an interest in developing to close any initial gaps:
- Professional experience in a technical writing position for non-technical end-user audiences, preferably with web-based software products and services.
- Professional experience with software help systems, such as RoboHelp, with video production experience a plus.
- An undergraduate degree in a related field is preferred, but not required.
- Prior supervisory experience is preferred, but not required.
This position is open to remote candidates, although preference may be given to local candidates. No ongoing business travel requirement is anticipated for this position. The Library Corporation is currently in a remote work protocol as a response to the public health emergency in the United States of America, and so applicants should be prepared to onboard and work remotely for an indeterminate period of time initially.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and benefits and a congenial work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Background checks are performed for all prospective employees. If you have the personal and professional skills for this position and want to work in a rapidly growing enterprise that uses the latest technology, we invite you to send us your resume, professional references, and salary requirements.
The Library Corporation is located approximately 50 miles West of Washington, DC.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org