IT Systems Administrator/Security Analyst
The Library Corporation is looking for an IT Systems Administrator to join our team based out of our corporate headquarters in Inwood, WV. The candidate will primarily administer production virtualized infrastructure as well as participate in the transition to our next-generation cloud infrastructure. This role will also provide an opportunity to flex, or develop, an information security-oriented mindset and participate in ongoing projects to stay on top of the continuously evolving threat landscape.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Monitor and manage a Citrix Xen-based virtual server environment remotely, and on-premise as required, deployed at our data center in Ashburn, VA.
- Monitor and manage Citrix Xen-based virtual infrastructure remotely, and on-premise as required, deployed in at our corporate headquarters in Inwood, WV.
- Work with other internal teams to transition customers from our data center infrastructure to our next-gen cloud platform, and to drive continuous improvement in our processes and tools in that environment.
- Administer, maintain, and expand TLC’s internal security testing program.
- Triage customer service escalations related to information security.
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate will possess some or all of the following skills and experience, with an interest in developing to close any initial gaps:
- Professional experience managing virtualized server deployments at scale. Xen Center experience is preferred, but not required.
- Windows Server administration experience is preferred. Candidates will also benefit from experience with GNU/Linux-based operating systems.
- Understanding of key information security concepts is a plus, as is familiarity with industry-leading analysis and testing tools.
- Experience in an on-call position, managing a flexible work schedule and late shift assignment is a plus.
- An undergraduate degree in a related field is preferred, but not required.
This position is open to remote candidates, although preference may be given to local candidates. The ability to respond onsite within a reasonable time to our co-location facility is required, regardless of primary work location. No ongoing business travel requirement is anticipated for this position. The Library Corporation is currently in a remote work protocol as a response to the public health emergency in the United States of America, and so applicants should be prepared to onboard and work remotely for an indeterminate period of time initially.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and benefits and a congenial work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Background checks are performed for all prospective employees. If you have the personal and professional skills for this position and want to work in a rapidly growing enterprise that uses the latest technology, we invite you to send us your resume, professional references, and salary requirements.
The Library Corporation is located approximately 50 miles West of Washington, DC.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org