Outside Sales Consultant
If you’ve ever been to a library and checked out a book or placed a hold online, you may have used our software. The Library Corporation has been servicing the library industry since 1974. TLC provides premier automation, cataloging, and data services to more than 4,500 public, school, academic, and special libraries worldwide, ranging from single-site facilities to massive metropolitan systems.
The Library Corporation is looking for a Sales Consultant. We’re seeking a qualified sales consultant to help us sell the products that our customers have grown to rely on. The sales consultant will have a strong understanding of the sales process, excel in generating leads, building relationships, and closing deals. The ideal candidate will be a quick learner with strong negotiating skills and the ability to showcase our offerings in a compelling way. Tasked with giving presentations, attending networking events, and attending trade shows, it’s essential that our sales consultant be personable and professional.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Highly polished, engaging, and informative sales presentations
- 50% travel is expected when it’s determined by the CDC that traveling can resume post the COVID-19 pandemic
- Develop proposals including price quotes
- Understand and articulate how TLC’s solutions serve libraries
- Understand and articulate the value of TLC’s products and services
- Ability to exceed quarterly and yearly sales goals
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain both a broad understanding of the product’s capabilities and a deep understanding of areas being demonstrated
- Develop sales plans that include identifying new revenue growth opportunities and forecasting revenue
- Develop key contacts and business relationships with influential decision makers
Qualifications and Skills
- Meet annual sales goals
- Close skills
- Territory management
- Ability to negotiation
- Product knowledge
- Present to audiences
- Networking/Client Relations
- Team player
- Motivation for sales
Education & Experience
- BA/BS University degree with a concentration in marketing or business administration preferre
- Three to five years of industry sales experience preferred
- Familiarity with automation software preferred
TLC offers its employees opportunities to grow and make a real contribution. Our benefits package includes:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
Salary range for this position is $50,000.00 to $60,000.00, commensurate with experience. Commissions are paid monthly and bonuses are paid when set quota levels are achieved.
This position is open to remote candidates. The Library Corporation is currently in a remote work protocol as a response to the public health emergency in the United States of America. Applicants should initially be prepared to onboard and work remotely for an indeterminate period of time.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and benefits and a congenial work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity and expression, national origin, age (40 or older), sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, or other legally protected status. An offer of employment with TLC is conditioned upon successful completion of a background investigation.
If you have the personal and professional skills for this position and want to work in a rapidly growing enterprise that uses the latest technology, we invite you to send us your resume, professional references, and salary requirements.
The Library Corporation is located approximately 50 miles West of Washington, DC.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org