Product Support Analyst
If you’ve ever been to a library and checked out a book or placed a hold online, you may have used our software. The Library Corporation (TLC) has been servicing the Library Industry since 1974. TLC provides premier automation, cataloging, and data services to more than 4,500 public, school, academic, and special libraries worldwide, ranging from single-site facilities to massive metropolitan systems.
The Product Support Analyst works within the Client Services department to diagnose and resolve technical and product functional inquiries while providing deep expertise to customers, sales, and management for the CARL•Solution and Library•Solution library management system and peripherals.
The ideal candidate will have a blend of library and technical experience, excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, a willingness to learn, superior written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work individually and as part of a multifunctional team.
- Serve as the first point of contact for CARL•Solution and Library•Solution ILS customers seeking technical assistance over the phone, through email, or ticketing system
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Work in a close, collaborative manner with other Support Technicians and departments in order to provide the highest level of customer service to Library•Solution ILS customers
- Develop and sharpen your expertise in TLC products and services
- Share your advanced knowledge with colleagues
- Thrive as a team player in a fast-paced, high-energy, change-oriented environment
Qualifications and Skills:
- Ability to learn quickly and apply that knowledge to various situations
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot/diagnose computer and peripheral devices
- Ability to communicate in both technical and non-technical language with customers and colleagues
- Ability to learn new software products quickly and to adapt to changes in delivered services
- Ability to work under pressure
- Self-motivation and ability to maneuver in a multitasking environment
- Independence, initiative, and ability to learn and follow through on tasks
- Strong customer service background
- High School Diploma or Equivalency
- Some College or technical coursework preferred
- Knowledge of library operations and library management software
- Knowledge of Windows O/S, web browsers, and networking basics is a plus
- Knowledge of Oracle, configuration, and basic database management skills are a plus
- Knowledge of basic SQL configuration and queries
- Experience troubleshooting networking issues and working knowledge of TCP/IP troubleshooting utilities
- Fluency in languages other than English (particularly Spanish, French, Indigenous, or Asian languages.)
- Additional technical or library certifications or degrees
About the Client Services Team:
Our team is comprised of colleagues across America and the globe who are dedicated and passionate about their commitment to helping libraries achieve their goals by providing industry-leading support services.
Hours of Work:
This is a full-time permanent position (40 hours per week.) Duties are typically performed during normal business hours; off-hours work/on-call shift rotation is required to meet customer and/or business needs
TLC offers its employees opportunities to grow and make a real contribution. Our benefits package includes:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Account (DCA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
This is an entry-level, full-time position that reports to the Client Services Director and includes opportunities for education and advancement.
The salary range for this position is $30,000-$50,000, commensurate with experience.
This position is open to remote candidates, although preference may be given to local candidates. No ongoing business travel requirement is anticipated for this position. The Library Corporation is currently in a remote work protocol as a response to the public health emergency in the United States of America, and so applicants should be prepared to onboard and work remotely for an indeterminate period of time initially.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and benefits and a congenial work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity and expression, national origin, age (40 or older), sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected status. An offer of employment with TLC is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
TLC is a Federal Contractor and has implemented a COVID-19 mandatory vaccination requirement for our workforce effective January 18th, 2022. This policy is necessary to comply with Executive Order 14042 and will help to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from COVID-19. Employees must be fully vaccinated by the first day of employment, or apply and receive an approved exemption based on medical or religious reasons.
Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completing primary vaccination with a COVID-19 vaccine, with, if applicable, at least the minimum recommended interval between doses. For example, this includes two weeks after a second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, or two weeks after the second dose of any combination of two doses of different COVID-19 vaccines as part of one primary vaccination series. All employees are required to report their vaccination status and to provide proof of vaccination.
If you have the personal and professional skills for this position and want to work in a rapidly growing enterprise that uses the latest technology, we invite you to send us your resume, professional references, and salary requirements.
The Library Corporation is located approximately 50 miles West of Washington, DC.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com