What is The Library Corporation?
Since 1974 The Library Corporation (TLC) has committed to providing an outstanding and unexpected level of service to its customers. Moving from Microfiche to CD-ROM to SaaS, on-premise to Cloud, TLC has set the standard in the library software industry.
TLC’s Operations Department has spent decades building the relationships and level of trust that make TLC customers loyal customers. As valued members of the TLC Team, Project Managers are essential in the deployment of our enterprise software systems and maintain and build upon the relationship with the new client as they transition from Sales to Client Services. TLC operates as an Agile company.
What does this job do?
This key position is responsible for the implementation management of integrated library systems and other smaller projects related to upgrades of existing customers. The Project Manager is responsible for adjusting resources and tasks, working closely with the business stakeholders and customers to complete tasks, identifying and managing resolution of issues, reporting project status, and fulfilling contract deliverables. Focus is on completing the project deliverables and taking the new systems into production. Travel for onsite deployment of projects is at least 30% of this position.
This position reports to the Director of Operations, Headquarters
- Planning, executing, controlling, and closing processes spanning the full project life cycle for implementation of Library•Solution, one of TLC’s integrated library systems, for new and existing customers.
- Managing implementation, testing, and roll-out activities for implementation projects by working closely with the customers and team members.
- Effectively and proactively managing customer expectations and engaging in forward thinking project planning.
- Managing project risks through an on-going process of identifying, assessing, tracking, developing and executing risk mitigation strategies.
- Creating and presenting project communications by phone, email, and virtual meetings.
- Fulfilling continuing contractual obligations with larger customers by working with the Client Services and Customer Success teams.
- Monitoring process performance and recommending process improvements aimed at elevating product quality.
What kind of experience is needed?
Experience in Project Management and leading project teams of various sizes and the ability to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders.
- Proficiency in formal project management methods, including internal documentation and external communications
- Extensive experience in coordinating activities among various business units
- Strong team-orientation and leadership skills
- Excellent written skills including ability to author high quality client communications
- Strong presentation, communication, and conflict resolution skills
- 3+ years experience in project management
- Some coursework or training in project management
What would set an applicant above others?
A library or education background or experience supporting technology in a library or education environment.
- Knowledge of school and/or public library operations
- Knowledge of library management software.
- Certified in project management, especially a PMP certification
- Experience with deployment of enterprise software systems
Not required, but desirable:
- Library certification or degree
Package & Perks
The successful candidate is supplied with a computer and relevant equipment necessary to get the job done. And we don’t micro-manage. We are a trusting but supportive team that just delivers.
Everyone around you works hard.
We promise, above all, to be nice people to work with.
How We Work
We are currently fully remote, with a view to moving back to a hybrid and/or full office mode when appropriate. This position can operate remotely, but benefits from an onsite presence and the ideal candidate will live within commuting distance of our HQ offices in Inwood, WV.
TLC customers are located across the United States and Canada as well as Southeast Asia.
The Library Corporation is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and benefits and a congenial work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. If you have the personal and professional skills for this position and want to work in a rapidly growing enterprise that uses the latest technology, we invite you to send us your resume and salary requirements.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org