If you’ve ever been to a library and checked out a book or placed a hold online, you may have used our software. The Library Corporation (TLC) has been servicing the Library Industry since 1974. TLC provides premier automation, cataloging, and data services to more than 4,500 public, school, academic, and special libraries worldwide, ranging from single-site facilities to massive metropolitan systems.
The Library Corporation is looking for a Software Developer to join our CARL•X product development team. The candidate will primarily contribute to the development of back-end APIs and services for our Integrated Library System, but is expected to learn or grow into full stack, front-end development over time. The product’s audience ranges from public library users and primary students to 3rd party integrators, providing an engaging, challenging, and rewarding problem space for an agile mind.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working in an agile development environment (Kanban)
- Work with the team estimating, creating technical specifications, coding, and unit testing.
- Design and code functional routines and modules in accordance to a software engineering specification.
- Work closely with a team of developers and program managers. There is pair programming within a small team of 2-3 developers.
Qualifications and Skills
- The ideal candidate will have 3+ years experience in Java and/or C++.
- Familiarity with tools for ticketing (JIRA), and source control (git).
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
TLC offers its employees opportunities to grow and make a real contribution. Our benefits package includes:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Account (DCA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
Salary range for this position is $70,000 to $100,000 USD, commensurate with experience.
This position is open to remote candidates, although preference may be given to local candidates. No ongoing business travel requirement is anticipated for this position. The Library Corporation is currently in a remote work protocol as a response to the public health emergency in the United States of America, and so applicants should be prepared to onboard and work remotely for an indeterminate period of time initially.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and benefits and a congenial work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity and expression, national origin, age (40 or older), sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected status. An offer of employment with TLC is conditioned upon successful completion of a background investigation.
If you have the personal and professional skills for this position and want to work in a rapidly growing enterprise that uses the latest technology, we invite you to send us your resume, professional references, and salary requirements.
The Library Corporation is located in Denver, Colorado approximately 6 miles South of Downtown Denver.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org