If you’ve ever been to a library and checked out a book or placed a hold online, you may have used our software. Our Company has been servicing the Library Industry since 1974. TLC provides premier automation, cataloging, and data services to more than 4,500 public, school, academic, and special libraries worldwide, ranging from single-site facilities to massive metropolitan systems.
The Library Corporation is looking for a Software Quality Engineer to join our QA team based out of our corporate headquarters in Inwood, WV. The Software Quality Engineer will perform manual testing, measure results, and detect problems that occur in the system. This position requires a well rounded understanding of various testing disciplines, technology, test automation and hands-on experience.
The ideal candidate will have experience testing on multiple mobile platforms, devices, and IDEs as well as web services and the ability to quickly learn and understand core systems. The ideal candidate will also be forward thinking, keeping abreast of new tools and practices for web application testing and work with the QA organization to integrate new practices into existing processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop, and execute test scripts
- Communicate and coordinate with developers to resolve software defects
- Defect reporting and escalation of defect to Supervisor, Product Manager and Management
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Work with the QA team to iteratively review and improve standards and practices
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous professional QA experience in a commercial software environment preferred but not required.
- Solid understanding of QA methodologies
- Experience working with Quality tools (ALM, Jira, VersionOne)
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in the software development project life-cycle (SDLC) and Agile Software Development. Must be comfortable as part of an Agile team.
- Experience in testing database applications, particularly those using Oracle SQL Developer
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills including ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively
- Ability to interact positively with teammates at all levels of the company and to foster a positive work environment
This position is open to remote candidates, although preference may be given to local candidates. No ongoing business travel requirement is anticipated for this position. The Library Corporation is currently in a remote work protocol as a response to the public health emergency in the United States of America, and so applicants should be prepared to onboard and work remotely for an indeterminate period of time initially.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and benefits and a congenial work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Background checks are performed for all prospective employees. If you have the personal and professional skills for this position and want to work in a rapidly growing enterprise that uses the latest technology, we invite you to send us your resume, professional references, and salary requirements.
The Library Corporation is located approximately 50 miles West of Washington, DC.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org