Software Engineer – Front End
If you’ve ever been to a library and checked out a book or placed a hold online, you may have used our software. The Library Corporation (TLC) has been servicing the Library Industry since 1974. TLC provides premier automation, cataloging, and data services to more than 4,500 public, school, academic, and special libraries worldwide, ranging from single-site facilities to massive metropolitan systems.
The Library Corporation is looking for a junior or entry level front-end developer to join our Library.Solution product development team. The candidate will primarily contribute to the development of our component-based, AngularJS web applications. The product’s audience ranges from first-time computer users through experienced technical staff. Serving a diverse user audience provides team members with the ongoing opportunity to develop and flex their human-centered design muscles.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with product management and back-end developers to create good user experiences
- Support quality assurance in effectively and efficiently verifying changes
- Provide third tier escalation support, when required, for front-end production issues
- Attend daily stand-ups
- Attend feature planning meetings as required
- Demonstrate unreleased product changes to co-workers during product demos
- Participate in research and prototype activities to stay ahead of future product needs
Qualifications and Skills
- AngularJS, or comparable platform experience
- Responsive design using tools such as Bootstrap
- Development experience with APIs
- Internationalization a plus
- Accessibility a plus
- Mobile application development a plus
- Comfortable in multi-developer environments with estimation, workflow, version control, code reviews and dependency management
TLC offers its employees opportunities to grow and make a real contribution. Our benefits package includes:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Account (DCA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
Salary range for this position is $60,000-$75,000, commensurate with experience.
This position is open to remote candidates, although preference may be given to local candidates. No ongoing business travel requirement is anticipated for this position. The Library Corporation is currently in a remote work protocol as a response to the public health emergency in the United States of America, and so applicants should be prepared to onboard and work remotely for an indeterminate period of time initially.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and benefits and a congenial work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity and expression, national origin, age (40 or older), sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected status. An offer of employment with TLC is conditioned upon successful completion of a background investigation.
If you have the personal and professional skills for this position and want to work in a rapidly growing enterprise that uses the latest technology, we invite you to send us your resume, professional references, and salary requirements.
The Library Corporation is located approximately 50 miles West of Washington, DC.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com