If you’ve ever been to a library and checked out a book or placed a hold online, you may have used our software. The Library Corporation (TLC) has been servicing the Library Industry since 1974. TLC provides premier automation, cataloging, and data services to more than 4,500 public, school, academic, and special libraries worldwide, ranging from single-site facilities to massive metropolitan systems.
The Library Corporation is looking for a Software Instructor responsible for conducting training sessions for internal and external stakeholders both in person and via video conferencing.
The ideal candidate has excellent oral communication skills, is comfortable in a fast-paced and change-oriented environment, and knowledge of library operations is helpful.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the library automation product suite to our customers.
- Maintain a complete understanding of all enhancements and modifications to the product suite.
- Provide in person and remote instruction for both internal and external stakeholders.
- When necessary, travel throughout the United States to ensure the department meets all training requirements. Heaviest travel time is the summer months.
- Ability to create custom training schedules based on customer needs identified during the implementation process.
- Ability to review training schedules and make appropriate travel plans including but not limited to air travel, car rental, hotel rental, etc., which may include traveling from one customer location to the next.
- Identify, develop and deliver training presentations on popular topics to large audiences at TLC’s user conference and at regional user conferences.
- Created recorded content for TLC’s Community Site and for in-house use in training staff.
- Provide feedback to team members on the product, operations and industry direction, based on in-the-field experience with end users.
- Participate in weekly customer calls during the implementation phase of assigned projects to provide understanding of software features and decisions regarding future workflows.
- Develop and implement new department initiatives.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability and desire to acquire in depth understanding of application software functionality
- Ability to understand user needs and adapt product workflows to facilitate their success.
- Possess innovative problem solving techniques and methodologies
- Ability and desire to develop online training programs utilizing GoToMeeting and GoToWebinar, assessment tests using video recording software such as Camtasia and survey tools such as Google Forms and SurveyMonkey.
- Basic ability to troubleshoot computer and A/V issues is desired, but not required; specifically to resolve minor issues onsite that might impede training participation and success.
TLC offers its employees opportunities to grow and make a real contribution. Our benefits package includes:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Account (DCA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
The salary range for this position is $30,000 – $50,000 commensurate with experience.
This position is open to remote candidates, although preference may be given to local candidates. No ongoing business travel requirement is anticipated for this position. The Library Corporation is currently in a remote work protocol as a response to the public health emergency in the United States of America, and so applicants should be prepared to onboard and work remotely for an indeterminate period of time.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and benefits and a congenial work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity and expression, national origin, age (40 or older), sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected status. An offer of employment with TLC is conditioned upon successful completion of a background investigation.
TLC is a Federal Contractor, and has implemented a COVID-19 mandatory vaccination requirement for our workforce effective January 18th, 2022. This policy will help to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from COVID-19. Employees must be fully vaccinated by the first day of employment, or apply and receive an approved exemption based on medical or religious reasons.
Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completing primary vaccination with a COVID-19 vaccine, with, if applicable, at least the minimum recommended interval between doses. For example, this includes two weeks after a second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, or two weeks after the second dose of any combination of two doses of different COVID-19 vaccines as part of one primary vaccination series. All employees are required to report their vaccination status and to provide proof of vaccination.
If you have the personal and professional skills for this position and want to work in a rapidly growing enterprise that uses the latest technology, we invite you to send us your resume, professional references, and salary requirements.
The Library Corporation is located approximately 50 miles West of Washington, DC.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com