Automation for School Libraries
TLC’s integrated library system for schools is specially designed to accommodate the needs of teacher-librarians in any school library, ranging from exclusive private institutions to major urban school districts. Among the schools that entrust their library operations with TLC’s Library•Solution for Schools are Chicago Public Schools, Hawaii State Department of Education, Loudoun Country Day School, Simcoe County District School Board in Canada, and St. Peter’s School in the United Kingdom. Long after a system is installed, TLC continues to support its school libraries with ongoing product development and unparalleled customer service.
Library Automation Designed for Your School
Teacher-librarians shouldn’t need to be techies to run their library and cultivate a love of reading among students. TLC’s Library•Solution for Schools automation system is designed with intuitive, easy-to-use interfaces that enable teacher-librarians to promote information literacy and support instructional standards.
Library•Solution for Schools includes Reading Level Integration, a powerful service that pulls data directly from Lexile and Accelerated Reader vendors and associates by ISBN for searching and display. This means your catalog will always be up to date with the most current reading level data while reducing your cataloging time. TLC’s Reading Level Integration has robust searching capabilities as users can search by an individual reading level or a specified range, and see the information directly in their search results.
Library•Solution for Schools is bolstered by a full suite of Web-based modules – LS2 Staff, LS2 PAC, and LS2 Kids – that deliver age-appropriate, customizable, highly attractive catalogs for students ranging from kindergarteners to high school seniors. Library•Solution for Schools and its LS2 enhancements are scalable and optimized for touchscreen devices, so library resources can be shared seamlessly throughout an entire school on wireless tablets and laptop computers, providing outstanding support for individual classroom instructional programs.
Additional highlights include:
- Support for enhanced RDA records that ease title searches and offer greater depth and discoverability to your catalog
- Separate search interfaces for elementary-age children and middle/high school students
- Integration of e-books and other digital resources to support the school’s instructional program
- Reporting solutions designed for school media centers
- Real-time inventory to make your end-of-year task a breeze
- Integrated technical processing and cataloging tools
- Automatic backups and minimal system administration
- Single log-in powered by Active Directory™ integration
- Interactive, dynamic bookshelf for your library’s titles
- LS2 Preferences, a centralized interface to manage your location and system-level settings
Installed on your district’s servers or implemented online via TLC Hosting, Library•Solution for Schools is an easily maintained, affordable automation system that aligns your media center with all of your school’s instructional programs.