A mobile solution for Students, Parents & Teachers!
TLC has partnered with Solus to provide a world-leading mobile library app to customers using the CARL•X, Library•Solution or Library•Solution for Schools integrated library systems in the public, K-12, and academic library markets.
TLC is pleased to offer TLC•Go! – an elegant, feature-rich mobile app that allows students, parents, and teachers to gain access to Library & Media resources such as print and eResources, and much more.
TLC•Go! is geared for middle to high schools, with an efficient and cost-effective model available for districts. A single app for the district provides an optional ability to deploy a school-based template for unique, local school branding experience.
- Students and teachers use their own smartphones
- Fast downloads from Google Play and the App store
- Automatic updates with new releases
- Automatically retains previous log in (unless manually logged out)
- My Preferences can switch language (24 supported), flow vs. scroll view, customize menu order, and more
- Access to eBooks and other digital resources
- Digital Student/Library card (can be scanned for check-outs with optical barcode scanner)
- Ability for students and teachers to use their own phones for self check-out (via barcode or RFID)
SHOWCASE SCHOOL HAPPENINGS!
Use the included Content Management System (CMS) to illuminate other happenings within the District – or the individual school via templates. This can include simple links to existing web-content within the District, within the County, Municipality, etc., video content, PDFs, and more. Here’s some ideas:
- Daily Bulletin and/or morning announcements
- Transportation update (bus schedule, changes due to weather, etc.)
- Link to cafeteria hours, menus, specials, etc.
- Link to health office, counseling, wellness, and other resources (chat sessions, etc.)
- Departments & Services
- School Calendar
- Showcase events (sports, art, drama, math, etc.)
- Link to surveys – for students and/or parents
- Your imagination!